The latest BugBrand Modular incarnation.

About Me

My photo
I have been a keen experimenter in sound for 35 years having received my first tape machine aged 12. This led to experiments in field and binaural recording and various forms of sound editing and synthesis. I has composed for various gallery installations and lectured on synthesis. These days I can be found coaxing noises from my modular synthesisers just because it's fun. When not in my studio I prefer to be outdoors. To keep fit I play Airsoft and I'm field archer.

Monday 14 March 2011

Looking through my Archive

Well I started as planned and to be honest after 45 minutes with a boom box and a stack of tapes I now realise what a task this is going to be.

What was fun is that I had failed to mark the casettes as stereo or 4 track so on several occations the tape went in the machine and what came out was two seperate tracks, running at half speed and one of them backwards.


Some of it sounded good, the irony being that I'm halfway through reading "On some faraway beach" The life and times of Brian Eno by David Sheppard. Brian would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment