The latest BugBrand Modular incarnation.

About Me

My photo
I have been a keen experimenter in sound for 35 years having received my first tape machine aged 12. This led to experiments in field and binaural recording and various forms of sound editing and synthesis. I has composed for various gallery installations and lectured on synthesis. These days I can be found coaxing noises from my modular synthesisers just because it's fun. When not in my studio I prefer to be outdoors. To keep fit I play Airsoft and I'm field archer.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Trying out a new VCO - Din Sync OSC303

The Din Dync OSC303 is a clone of the TB303 VCO. I wanted to try a patch that showed it's not just an Acid sound source.

Basically a sequence into a single VCO into a filter and that's it ;o)

LFO into RCD which clocks a 16 note sequence from the Z8000 and a uStep.
Z8000 out to uScale (default mode).
LFO to Brains/Pressure Points providing a 4 note sequence that feeds the second input of the uScale
uScale into OSC303
OSC303 Squ into Doepfer Spring Reverb into Z5000
OSC303 Saw into A101-1 filter into VCA
uStep into ADSR into VCA
VCS in cycle mode into A101-1 cutoff to create a resonance bump
A143-1 into Both input of VCS
VCA into Z5000
Z5000 set to a basic delay

No comments:

Post a Comment