The latest BugBrand Modular incarnation.

About Me

My photo
I have been a keen experimenter in sound for 35 years having received my first tape machine aged 12. This led to experiments in field and binaural recording and various forms of sound editing and synthesis. I has composed for various gallery installations and lectured on synthesis. These days I can be found coaxing noises from my modular synthesisers just because it's fun. When not in my studio I prefer to be outdoors. To keep fit I play Airsoft and I'm field archer.

Friday 11 March 2011

Looking to start going through the archive this weekend

Over the years I have used many medium for recording; mono reel to reel, stereo cassette, 4 track cassette, 4 track reel to reel and various digital formats.

So this weekend sees the start of what I expect will be a long process of converting it all to a common format.

This is a task I'm dreading because of the effort involved but equally really excited as I have no idea what little treasures I might find.

The challenge of sourcing something to play these tapes on will be fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment